prologue affiliates 2010 nong credits
@ Wednesday, June 7

If you guys read Mind Your Body (comes along with The Straits Time), I guess you would come across an article about a man who was 150kg, now 75kg after a while! (Less than a year I presume)

Amazing isn't it?!
It's not extrim, xando, or drinking misso soup only for 10 years.
It's because he went for a surgery called the laparoscopic gastric banding.
To make things simpler for you to understand, here's a picture for you to digest the 3 cheeeeem words above:


Sadly, the surgery can only be done on SEVERELY obese people.
So people who are caught in the middle will still have to continue to take stupid extrim pills or ride the disgustingly disgusting iGallop.
***
Alright, I shall not complain about attending a sucky camp where they serve us cold red bean baos for breakfast and extremely horribly dry & hard chicken breast rice for lunch.

So I'm left with talking about my excursion trip to HSA Forensic Science Department!
I was damn excited when I received an email that I've been accepted to go for that excursion but er, forensic scientists are not as cool as we all see on TV!
CSI brainwashed all of us. Was rather disappointed about the trip because all the scientist showed us was posters and pictures and not the lab procedures and equipments. =(

Basically forensic science is split up into about 5 departments.
There is document forensic, where scientists check for counterfeits and forging of signatures.
The other is drug forensic? Where all the scientists do is to check urines, hairs, and sometimes, sweat to see if the accused took drugs.
The next drug forensic is simply checking the drugs' composition to aid the police.
The organs forensic. That department is to help (mainly the hospitals) to test organs for DNA checking.
The last one is more of a CSI type. Where they match evidences the police gives (like fibers, glass, paint), to see if they are linked to the crime/victim/accused.

See, it's a boring job afterall.
Good news is, a diploma holder can be working there too. (sorting out documents for the real scientists)
Bad news is, the starting pay for the 'real' scientist who has to be at least an honors, is only 2K plus.

EEEW

▲ back to the top | comment | 3 comment(s)